Skip to main content

BEd Primary

This page has all the information you need to engage in the following PE units

  • PE1 EDP210
  • PE2 EDP227
  • PE3 EDP320

Please note, the Internship unit is located separately here, as it has different requirements to PE 1, 2 and 3.

Placements are undertaken on a full-time basis for the number of days shown in a continuous block and students need to plan carefully to ensure they are able to meet this commitment. The total number of days of professional experience in the course will satisfy all states’ requirements for teacher registration.

Where possible, students should try to undertake placements across all primary year levels: junior (Y1-2), middle (Y3-4) and upper (Y5-6) primary. (Placements cannot be undertaken in year levels below primary year level 1.)

EDP210 and EDP227

EDP210 and EDP227

You will do your Professional Experience for EDP210 and EDP227 at the same school and with the same mentor teacher.

EDP210 Placement (Annual)
The first Professional Experience involves a two week block placement. This is an annual placement as you will return to the same school and classroom.

EDP227 Placement (Annual)
In the second placement, you will have a three-week block placement in the same school as the first placement.



In the third placement, you will have a four-week block placement. It is intended to build on the learning experienced during the previous units and to extend this to the development of a personal teaching philosophy and classroom management plan. Overall, the intention of aligning the units on professional practice is for students to become truly reflective teachers.


What is Professional Experience?

Find details about PE requirements in the PE Handbooks for your unit:

Bachelor of Education Primary PE Handbook

Where do I start?

The following documents and links have everything you need to prepare for PE.

Once you have reviewed the information and links in this tab, you are ready to contact schools following the Guidelines for Contacting Schools in the How do I approach schools tab:

PE calendar

Name badge order form

Read the Code of Conduct

PE Clearance Information – All states

Ensure your details are up to date and if necessary make changes  through OUA (including next of kin/emergency contact)

Access Curtin Connect: your Curtin hub for general student service, support and advice

If you need to contact the Curtin School of Education OUA PE Team ( please use this email template.

How do I approach schools?

*For students outside of WA only

Use the following documents when approaching schools to find a PE placement:

Guidelines for Contacting Schools

PE School Introductory Letter – all units

Bachelor of Education Primary PE Handbook

Database of schools already listed with SoE

WA students go directly to ‘Do I have everything I need to go on PE?’

Who do I contact for support during PE?

For PE administration queries please contact the Curtin School of Education OUA PE Team ( using this email template.

For PE Academic queries please contact your Tutor, Unit Coordinator, or Course Coordinator.

Curtin Connect: your Curtin hub for general student service, support and advice

Curtin Personal Support